Have you reached the file usage limit in godaddy? It is very probable that you did. While you might be sure that you did not upload too many files into your GoDaddy hosting account and even if you know that you have an unlimited storage GoDadddy account, it si very probable that you have reached the file usage limit.
Even if you have an unlimited Godday hosting plan, you might still reach the file usage limit, as godaddy hosting might not coount the files total size but they might count the total number of files.
This means that when you see the file usage limit alert in your GoDaddy hosting acount, you might have too many files, not too big files.
This is the solution to fix the Godaddy file usage limit issue.
- Go to instalatron or to the backup manager taht you use and delete as many abackups as you do not need anymore.
- Inside the Instalatron app manager from Godaddy, go to each application and make sure that you do not set the backups to be too often. 1 monthly backup might be enough. Pay attention that 30 daily does not mean 1 backup each 30 days, but it means 1 backup each day.
- Go to the file manager and emty the trash.
- Inside the file manager, go the each website email folder and look for “new” folder. You might notice that there are a lot of files. Each file counts for the file usage limit in Godaddy. Each of these files could be a spam email received or even an email sent which was returned being blocked for different reasons.
- Delete all files from the “new” folder in the email list. Pay attention to delete the emails only if you do not need them. This is your own risk and you must be sure of what you are doing.